How to do it?
1) Start Internet Explorer.
2) Goto your site: e.g.: http://www.jan-mantkowski.de/index.php
and save it as index.html.
3) Publish this index.html and the corresponding folder index_files at you website.
What will happen?
The next time a guest visits your page index.html will we displayed instead of index.php. So the first page of your site is now search engine friendly.
What will you get?
- First page loads a lot faster.
- All links will work.
- Works with IE and Opera (Tested with IE 5.50 and Opera 5.12).
- Your site will be indexed by all search engines, not only Google, which is (as i know) the only search engine that indexes dynamic pages.
What will you loose?
- The first page is no longer dynamic.
- So content will not change.
a) Remove date and time from saved index.html
( Have a look at http://www.jan-mantkowski.de
and compare it with the original http://www.jan-mantkowski.de/index.php
See? No time.
So a guest might not even notice that he is visiting a "outdated" page.