Scenario: My main Site is at: www.domain.com <fake of course>
1) I want to have a 4 site multisite setup that will share users, and MeG only. Each site otherwise is seperate.
2) I create 3 subdomains site1.domain.com, site2.domain.com, site3.domain.com
3) My host server creates 3 folders in the root of domain.com labeled site1, site2, site3 4) when I ftp into the site I see that www.domain.com -=>Public_HTML/index.php
5) the subdomains are at Public_HTML/site1/ (site2, site3)
6) you enter URL site1.domain.com you go to Public_HTML/site1/index.htm etc...
Ok..that;s how a subdomain at the Host Server is created.
I uploaded PN721 to /public_HTML/
I will pay anyone who can tell me exactly how to set up this multisite $25.00 (can't afford more) through PayPal.
I want to reach the base PN site at http://www.domain.com
I want to reach http://site1.domain.com etc
Each site will have a different theme, but will share User Database, PHPBB, and MeG.
Do I redirect the subdomains? to where? HELP!!
Is someone up to the task?? for questions/specifics please email me at email@example.com
Also...I saved phpinfo.php into the root to check HTTP_Name etc... IT shows domain.com
I redirected a subdomain to domain.com and the phpinfo still showed domain.com NOT the subdomain. If I leave the subdomain at default, it directs to the subdomain folder.
Now what?? I can only access domain.com PN and none of the subdomain.
Am I making sense here?
Or am I thoroughly confused now?